Sunday, December 2, 2007

Former Naval Person traffic tracking

Needless to say, I am pleased that SiteMeter is showing a higher level of traffic for the Former Naval Person blog. I imagine that when I made the transition to the new stylem Blogger template, I changed the SiteMeter script to a version that doesn't work with browsers that have Javascript disabled. Now, instead of SiteMeter being way below IndexTools, IndexTools has been way below SiteMeter. I have opened a support ticket with IndexTools, pointing out the current issue. There was an outage today, and afterwards, traffic was shown to be higher, although still not at the levels shown by SiteMeter. In case you had not picked up on this, Bloggers are always interested in getting accurate traffic counts. There has long been a concern that the standard tracking with SiteMeter might undercount the real traffic.

No comments: