Thursday, July 24, 2008

A good deal

I had stopped by the small Stapels store in east Dallas near loop 12 and I-30. They had an advertisement that caught my eye, immediately. It was for a Compaq laptop with 2GB of RAM, a dual-core processor, and a 160GB disk...for about $450 after an instant rebate and a $30 mail in rebate. We talked about it and I went back tonight and bought one! I have been planning to replace my oldest desktop computer with a new box, but this looks better than what I had expected to be able to buy. I also picked up the deal to get Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition for about $80. I had not been happy at the prospect of having to use "Open Office", as their Word substitute was not up to par when I tried it last. This deal apparently ends tomorrow. The notebook computer is a Compaq Presario 770US with an the Intel dual-core mobile processor. Presumably, it is OK to talk about it.

No comments: