Friday, January 11, 2008

802.11n

I just replaced my failed 802.11g wireless router with a D-Link DIR-625 router, which is 802.11n compliant. I have had problems with routers, perhaps due to having fixed wireless internet service, so that the router connects to the radio and antenna on the roof. We have many storms with thunder and lightning, and I theorize that that the last storm, three days ago, took out the router. I find that most of my network problems must have been the result of a failing router, and this has at least temporarily fixed the problem. Only two of our five computers on the network have 802.11n interfaces, but I would expect to change to the D-Link USB2 wireless interfaces in the next few months. I already see better reliability. There may be higher speed, as well.

No comments: