Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Odd things happening

I knew that something odd was happening when traffic to Former Naval Person blog (NSFW) dropped way off four days ago or so. I guessed, earlier today, that Yahoo must have stopped making referrals. I checked IndexTools referring domains, and sure enough, Yahoo referrals are down to almost nothing. Now, almost all traffic is from the mysterious "Direct access or bookmark". That actually covers everything from browsers where Javascript is disabled. I assume that a concerted move is underway to suppress Emma Watson fakes, or readers' access to them. Alternatively, they don't like the advertising. If I go without advertising, what little revenue I am currently receiving evaporates. So I just do it to see what traffic I can draw, rather than for revenue.

No comments: